Playing with the doll, the child develops logical thinking, fine motor skills, visual perception, and gains knowledge about the properties of objects and possible actions with them. He learns to perform actions in a certain sequence, which contributes to the development of memory.
Start acquaintance with nesting doll can be from one and a half years, and even a little earlier. It should start with a simple presentation of this doll to the child. You can purchase custom-made nesting dolls with images of your family members, so that the child, while playing, would teach the names of his relatives. As you need to know how to open nesting doll you need to have to be the best there in the choice.Show the toy to the child, name itand carefully consider the details.
What is special about her?
How is it different from other dolls? Show how the nesting doll opens. Speak your actions: Nesting doll opens, nesting doll is closing. Look inside the nesting dolls. Surprised, beat the find of a smaller doll: What is it here? Look There is one more doll! How did she get here? Then explain to the child that the doll has a daughter or sister. Put both dolls together. Compare their big nesting doll and little nesting doll. Let the child take each of them in their hands and feel their difference in size. Then show the child how to hide the little nesting doll in the big one. Beat this moment by trying to hide the big nesting doll in a small one, the little ones will appreciate this funny joke.
When acquaintance with the nested doll takes place, and the child will show more interest, you can continue to master the features of the nested doll. Teach your child to arrange nesting doll in a row of height (for children less than 2 years will be enough and three figures). Play hide and seek – fold the nesting dolls into one another, asks the child to hide the nesting doll on their own.
Nesting doll Games
The following describes the game with the doll after the initial skills are mastered.
Grow by becoming!
Arrange the nesting dolls one by one in height, let the child close his eyes, and the adult rearrange the nesting dolls in some places. Let the child once again place the dolls in height. This game develops visual memory.
Find the nested doll
Hide one nested doll in another. Arrange the remaining dolls in front of the baby. The task of the child is to determine by ear what nesting doll her sister is hidden in. To do this, he must shake every toy. Then take out the found toy and help her find her place – make a row or assemble a nesting doll. This game develops auditory perception and spatial thinking.
Big and small
For this game, you need additional items of large and small size. Put big and small nesting dolls in different directions. Now the child’s task is to send items to visit to the dolls according to their size. Playing this game, the child learns to compare and combine objects according to the signs.
And finally, advice
- After classes with the child, place the nesting doll in a place inaccessible to the child. Thus, the toy will remain interesting for the child, and new classes will be held with joy.
- Nesting doll is a Russian folk toy, a girl with an open rosy face and a secret inside. According to legend, when people first saw the toy, then laughing, exclaimed: How she looks like our Matryona!. Thanks to this occasion, the wooden nesting doll got its name.
- A nesting doll is a welcome guest in every home and the famous Russian souvenir abroad.
- Russian toy nesting doll is a useful educational toy for children from 2-3 years old. It develops perception, thinking, imagination, fine motor skills.
You can find all these and more adorable design of nesting dolls that your children can use at https://nestingdolls.co
How to teach a child to play with a nesting doll?
To begin with, give the child a nesting doll in his hand and do not interfere; let the child he discover that there is a secret hidden inside her: in one nesting doll another is hidden, smaller. This discovery will delight and interest the child.
- Children’s nesting doll dismantled, and now you need to collect it. This is not such an easy task for the baby, because you need to choose the appropriate half for each nesting doll. Such tasks develop the perception and eye of the child. Most likely, at first, the baby will act by a brute force methodically, checking each half in order. But after a few games, he taught to correlate the size of the dolls by eye and it will be easy to find the right part.
- Does a child easily disassemble and assemble nesting dolls? It’s time to move on to more difficult tasks! Ask the child to arrange the pupae in ascending or descending order – the child will recognize such things as: more, less, higher, lower, highest, lowest, etc..
- For the next game you need a set of items of different sizes (cubes, circles, spoons, etc.). Suggest the child to put the biggest nesting doll on the biggest cube, to put the nesting doll on a smaller cube a little smaller, etc. This exercise will teach a child to compare and match objects.
- The toy is very simple in structure: consists of only two circles, it is easy to draw and sculpt. You can buy unpainted dolls for children, then the baby will be able to decorate the toy on his own.
Nesting doll educational toy is the heroine of children’s folklore. It can be found in songs, fairy tales, poems and even in tourist attractions.